VMware Commercial Account Executive - Jacksonville, FL in Lynn Haven, Florida
This role is supporting Orlando, Jacksonville, the Panhandle, and Southern Georgia
The Commercial Sales team is led by the field based Commercial Account Executive (CAE). The Commercial team manages a named account list. The CAE’s primary role is to maximize sales in the assigned commercial account list. The dual focus is aimed at sustaining transactional sales growth as well as closing larger strategic business. Collaborating with the entire partner ecosystem to identify, develop, accelerate, up-sell and close transactions is critical.
The Commercial Account Executive (CAE) owns all named accounts within a select account set. Their primary role is to maximize sales in the assigned accounts by working with the partner sales community. Their focus is aimed at sales opportunities in specific accounts and is achieved by collaborating with partners to identify, develop, accelerate, up-sell and close transactions. It is expected that this role will increase deal win rates as well as accelerate time to close on key opportunities in the territory. Partner Business Managers (PBM) and Inside Sales Representatives (ISR) are key team members of the team with responsibility for identifying, selecting, developing, leading and managing all VMware sales partners in the territory.
Job Responsibilities (not limited to):
• Co-develop a partner strategy for the territory to cover in tandem with ISR and PBM and execute on the strategy with specific revenue and profitability targets
• Effectively communicate and coach ideas and concepts to external partner representatives on how to position and close VMware opportunities
• Accountable for a quarterly bookings target for VMware products including packaged services and education offering
• Coordinate appropriate enablement resources to support partner community within the territory
• Work closely with multiple Inside Account Executives to maximize VMware bookings in their assigned geography. This will include end-user sales – always with a Partner, 1 to many Partner and Customer events and Partner recruitment/enablement
• Orchestrate territory coverage with both internal and external partner teams to achieve high level results
• Create and maintain effective partner relationships with partner principles located in assigned territory
• Supports and provides guidance to both field and partner marketing events and activities
• Accurately assesses general contract terms, customer requirements, and product capabilities to ensure VMware is chosen as the preferred vendor
• Accurately forecast license bookings, specific products revenue, PSO bookings and new accounts on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
• Must have selling expertise, a major, in Applications, Enterprise Management or Cloud with a minor in Compute, Network, Storage
• Domain experience selling in Datacenter Space
• Has proven track record with working with the channel, SISOs
• Experience selling complex solutions, requiring implementation, integration and Professional Services to execute
• Experience building demand with cycle times of 6-24 months
• Ideally able to network to LOB leader, CxO – but at a minimum able to work across IT, Ops, AppOps/Dev-admin
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.