Oceaneering Engineering Intern in Panama City, Florida
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Summer internship to support the Product and Process Engineering Departments on process improvement and engineering reviews.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Tube-to-tube Contact: identify and gather product tube samples and mapping them to identify specific testing packages to be sent to testing vendor.
- Engineering KPI: Review KPI data and reporting to streamline under Engineering Management’s guidance
- Global Specifications: Gather global specifications for coating and fastener specifications, compile data for review to establish global standards within Oceaneering.
- Historical Engneering Project Data: examine all historical projects and prepare spreadsheet to track overall scope for component types, offshore applications, types of analysis and tests performed and other technical details.
- Historical Test Data: Coodinate with testing vendor and testing engineer to develop test data library of testing scopes and how they correlate with analysis predictions.
- Collecting and organizing plant capabilities: collecting and organization plant capabilities for web-based system to use during bid stage.
- Calibration: assist callibration technician on project for assurance that all critical measurement systems have GR&R;’s completed.
- PLM Troubleshooting Log – work with design group to create spreadsheet with common troubleshooting items within PLM to assist designers and engineers.
- A student who has completed at least 2-3 years at an accredited university for a degree in Mechanical Engineering or Ocean Engineering.
- Must have proficiency in Autocad and SolidWorks software programs
- Knowledge of MS Office or Google Suite of programs.
- Must be able to obtain a TWIC (Transportation Worker’s Idenficiation Card) to obtain access to the work location at Port of Panama City, FL.
- Only local candidates will be considered.
- General understanding of engineering practices such as statics, dynamics and other mechanical engineer courses.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Engineering Intern
Location: Panama City, Florida
Job ID: 12912