Ingersoll Rand Operational Excellence Change Agent/Site Trainer in PANAMA CITY, Florida
At Ingersoll Rand we're passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—includingClub Car®,Ingersoll Rand®,Thermo King®,Trane®,American Standard® Heating & Air ConditioningandARO®- work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visithttp://www.ingersollrand.com/.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Supporting the Value Stream staff, under the direction of the Value Stream Coach, this position is responsible for supporting the Lean transformation and daily management initiatives by ensuring strategies are implemented and principles/practices/tools are incorporated in the culture and processes under transformation. Duties may include training participants in our Team Leader Development Program. This position implements and supports actions that bring about improvements which may include, but are not limited to safety, customer value proposition, quality, delivery, cycle, growth, margin expansion, and inventory.
To support the Value Stream Coach and Value Stream in implementing lean transformation and daily management across the value stream including:
- Implementing tactical strategies to achieve the desired vision
- Executing against long and short-term objectives to support the value stream’s goals
- Working with necessary site personnel to identify, address, and eliminate process related obstacles
- Assisting in the change of systems/processes as required in support of the Lean initiatives
- Utilize value stream mapping techniques to design optimal information, material, and production flow methods
- Excellent team facilitation skills
To act as a change agent to bring about improvements in the manufacturing or transactional process through the active support, participation and leadership of Rapid Improvement Events; includes:
- Owning pre and post standard work
- Participating in, co-facilitating or facilitating projects, events and “just do-it’s”
- Participating in gemba walks and coaching employees on continuous improvement, standard work development/modification/adherence, flow, takt time attainment, and problem solving abnormalities causing takt misses
- Providing necessary training specific to Lean Transformation tools and methodology (under the guidance of the Value Stream Coach
- Helping update and maintain visual performance tools, including mission control and MDI boards
- Following up on action plans
- Assisting all teams as needed to ensure improvements are made and sustained
- Able to mentor and facilitate lean culture change in an environment with varying acceptance.
Executing key activities as part of Lean Transformation and daily management including tasks such as
- Conducting value stream analyses
- Conducting cycle time analyses, time studies, line balance improvements, work place analysis and improvement
- Creating and implementing standard work, and teaching/coaching line leaders to do the same
- Obtaining required fixtures, tools, work aids, poke yokes to support work place changes
- Implementing / coaching the use of cell control boards and other visual management tools
- Assisting operations in problem solving issues affecting takt attainment
- Resolving issues after Rapid Improvement events to achieve desired state
- Ability to assign priorities in a fast-paced and change environment.
To support the launch of all activities needed to incorporate Lean Transformation and daily management into the Value Stream culture; includes:
- Assisting in identifying on-going training needs
- Supporting communication of the direction of Lean Transformation and daily management initiatives to employees
- Utilizing the IR change management model, drive the lean culture transformation for the Value Stream
- Ensure high levels of engagement for RIEs and Value Stream
- Drive OpEx culture change through coaching of employees and leaders to drive lean behaviors, and follow the principles and practices of OpEx
Track all changes/improvements made to provide Value Stream Leadership/Management the assurance that changes are effective and lasting, includes:
Examining and evaluating the areas after improvements are implemented Posting/updating results to the Mission Control
- Reviewing new procedures/controls and appraising the efficiency and effectiveness of operations, and working with the Value Stream Coach, Site Leader, Department Managers and Supervisors to resolve any issues that might arise during implementation and/or maintenance phases
- Monitor and report on key metrics
- Other duties as identified by the Value Stream Coach to further the site’s Lean initiative
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess strong written and oral communication and presentation skills with the ability to speak and communicate effectively with various audiences at the site level.
- Ability to effectively facilitate a group’s activities and discussions using a defined process.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, general business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to create standard work documents, operational procedures and visual work aids
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from associates, supervisors and managers at the site level
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing related safety requirements.
- Must be viewed credibly as either an informal leader or a positive influencer of change
- Must be a self-motivated learner
- Must possess a strong work ethic
- Ability to mentor team members and facilitate change from a position of Influencer
- Ability to energize and motivate teams
- Ability to recognize conflict and take appropriate action within scope of the role
- Ability to use simple statistical and graphical tools such as pareto analysis
- Ability to define problem areas, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret a variety of technical procedures/processes and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Ability to prioritize, manage and handle multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced and changing work environment.
- Strong capability with personal computer applications ( Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio)
- Bachelor of Science degree or related discipline desired
- Experience working in a world-class Lean working environment highly preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of documented world class lean experience. (Transactional & Manufacturing)
- Strong quantitative, analytical and systematic ability to dissimilate multiple sources of data to derive a logical course of direction.
- Ability to travel 25-30%
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
Primary Location: PANAMA CITY-Florida
Job: Operational Excellence
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jan 24, 2018, 3:08:44 PM