Oceaneering Quality Analyst in Panama City, Florida
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The collection, monitoring, and analysis of process based metrics related to operational and quality activities, such as NC/CAPA, Cost of Poor Quality, Continuous Improvement, Root Cause Analysis, Quality Function Deployment, Supplier Quality Control, Management Review, Auditing, Voice of the Customer (VOC), and Change Management. This may include tracking of improvement projects related to the business and quality strategies. Responsible for identifying data based opportunities for process improvements as well as waste reduction activities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Implements and maintains various data collection systems and test records for the organization
- Issues, tracks, and trends NCR’s (Non-Conformance Reports) for all product that doesn’t meet the stated requirements, or processes not being followed.
- Provide current data analysis results for display in appropriate areas of the facility for the purposes of visual management.
- Identifies process improvement and waste elimination opportunities based off of data analysis.
- Actively participate in, and/or lead, the development, execution and validation of site wide continuous improvement projects while working in a cross functional environment.
- Compiles data analysis in report format for use in Management Review(s).
- Helps develop and improve Quality System procedures, work instructions, flow charts and associated process improvements.
- Aids in the support to maintain compliance with appropriate certification requirements of the business, such as ISO 9001, by providing process based metrics.
- This position has NO supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to Quality Manager
- Works directly with Quality Engineers and Quality Administrators.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from four-year College or university is desired. .Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-Year College or technical school and experience in data analysis is preferred.
- Two (2) years quality system experience in an ISO 9001 Manufacturing Environment is required.
- Knowledge and experience in basic statistics is desired with demonstrated strong data analysis capabilities and reporting/presentation skills
- Must be able to obtain TWIC (Transportation Workers Identification Card) to access work location.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment with the ability to manage competing demands and deadlines. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events and communicate these to appropriate team or managers.
- Willingness to understand business implications of decisions while thinking about profitability and impact to customer requirements and delivery milestones. Awareness of enterprise strategic goals and align work and priorities appropriately.
- Displays original thinking, creativity and delivers ideas and suggestions for improving business or processes. Ability to present ideas to various audiences.
- Listens effectively to others and provides regular, consistent communication within area of responsibility
- Demonstrate trustworthiness and ethical behavior with the knowledge and awareness of the impact and consequences when making a decision or taking action.
- Ability to look at situations from multiple perspectives and provide non-traditional solutions to problems.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHTwork.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Quality Analyst
Location: Panama City, Florida
Job ID: 12667
Full/Part Time: Full-Time