Oceaneering Sr. Operator in Panama City, Florida
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Provide leadership and support for manufacture of umbilicals within a production environment. Operate various equipment (set-up tear-down) with proficiency and provide mentoring to other operators. Provide suggestions and ideas for process improvement and efficiencies for each design-to-build product.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform all functions for required set-up, run and trouble-shooting for all competent Work Centers.
- Has completed all training and Work Center requirements for a Senior Operator.
- Has obtained at least three Work Center Competencies and has ability to maintain production run rates for all equipment assigned as competent through Training Progression Plan
- Proficient in extrusion operation, electrical cable assembly, armor machine, and cabler functionality.
- Capabilities to mentor and assess other employees on key Work Centers for advancement.
- Perform work within a strong safety and quality culture.
- Provide leadership to a team of operators, including tool box talks and sharing of lessons learned from one shift to another.
- Work with other teams in the design, manufacturing and quality of umbilical products.
- Input for updates to JSEA’s, work instructions and process maps. Participate on teams for continuous improvements.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have 5-7 years of experience working with extrusion equipment required.
- Must be able to pass competency assessment for various work centers and special skills for the Sr. Operator within 1 year of hire.
- Must have the ability to acquire a TWIC (Transportation Worker’s Identification Card) for access to Port of Panama City.
- Experience in manufacturing components for the oil and gas industry preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Sr. Operator
Location: Panama City, Florida
Job ID: 12721
Full/Part Time: Full-Time